Monday 18 March 2024

Update: March 2024

As you can see, I've started to change this blog so it's not just a place I post about Doctor Who Season One. I'm still watching the first year of William Hartnell's Doctor in real time - but I want to add some other "rewatches", "re-reads" and "re-listens". Gradually, though, because I don't want things to become a chore.

Over the next week I'm going to start my real-time "rewatches" of Farscape - which is unbelievably 25 years old - followed by the start of an issue-by-issue "re-read" of Planetary by Warren Ellis and John Cassaday (not necessarily in "real time" as the underwent a number of hiatuses, finishing after 10 years with #27 in 2009). 

Both Farscape and Planetary came out just before the Millennium and, while I was aware of both (and vaguely remember seeing Farscape when episodes were broadcast on BBC2 on Monday evenings), they didn't have my attention at the time. Of course, I have watched Farscape since (about 10 years ago) and read Planetary a couple of times (I have the entire run in single issues).

After that, I have various things I'd like to spend time revisiting and thinking about: Nigel Kneale's Quatermass,  Sebastian Baczkiewicz's Pilgrim radio series, the 1936 Flash Gordon serial, finish the Micronauts annotations, Journey into Space radio series, maybe a movie series or two... But I'm going to keep it gentle to start with so I won't start anything more until April.

No comments:

Post a Comment